alias name: Sub, Substitute or Rubber Substitute
Factice is the vulcanized fatty oil (vegetable oil or, in some cases ,animal oil). Such oils are reacted with sulfur(Brown Factice) or sulfur monochloride(White Factice). Also sulfur and chloride free factice is available which is produced by the reaction of peroxide and isocyanate with fatty oil.
You can use it in your rubber compounds as a processing aid, softener, dry plasticizer and also to prevent the shrinkage and to improve the fluidity of the compounds.
Introduction for Tenma Factice
Golden Factice T
Factice produced by hydro-treated rapeseed oil reacted with sulfur. The physical properties are similar to the brown factices but color is light yellow. Dispersion to the rubber compound is excellent because the particle is rather fine. It is good to use for light color and transparent rubbers. It is most recommendable to HR, SBR.
Factice produced by vegetable oil reacted with sulfur. It is mostly used for black or dark color rubber compounds. It is used for various applications of both natural rubber and synthetic rubber.
Brown sulfur factice developed for the process aid of CR or NBR compound. Addition of a large quantity of Neo N affords the hardness to use Neo N for low hardness roll formulation.
Factice produced by the reaction of vegetable oil and sulfur monochloride. It contains 20% calcium carbonate as filler. It is used for eraser in big amount and also used for tackifier.
Sulfur and chlorine free specialty white factice. It is suitable for the process aid to NBR, CR, CSM, U and EPDM, for both sulfur and peroxide cures. It is also used for TPE, PVC and etc.
Details of All Tenma Factices
|Chemical name||Group name||Commercial name||Acetone extract [%] (a)||Free sulfur [%] (b)||Ash [%]||Specific gravity +-0.02 (20℃)||Hue and appearance||Net wt. [kgs]|
|Sulfur factice||Golden factice||Golden factice T||17-23||<=2.0||<=0.2||1.03||Yellow powder||15|
|Brown facticer||Brown PR||14-20||<=1.5||<=0.2||1.05||Brown powder-grain||20|
|Neo factice||Neo N||25-31||<=1.5||<=0.2||1.06||Brown powder-grain||20|
|Sulfur-chloride factice||White factice||White #1||2月5日||<=0.1||9月11日||1.13||White powder||15|
|Amber factice||Amber||17-23||<=0.1||<=1.5||1.04||Amber block||25|
|Sulfur-free factice||U-8||33-39||–||<=0.2||1.01||White powder||20|
three major features which are not in other processing aids
- Not melting at about 200℃, the form and dimensions of the compounds are held and also to be prevented from shrinkage.
- The mobility of the compound is improved by the lubricant effect of distributed factice particles, also the extrusion condition and the molding speed are improved.
- Due to the oil absorptive capacity, factice prevents bleeding of other liquid ingredients in the rubber compound and also prevents the tacky surface of the cured compound.
Applications and features of factice
- Improves process ability and shortens mixing time.
- Increases speed of extrusion and reduces die swell.
- Gives smooth surface and good appearance of the product.
- Improves process-ability of grinding of the cured rubber such as roll application.
- Reduces calendar grain and prevents shrinkage of the compound.
- Prevents the sag of the compound and gives stable dimension of the compound.
- Improves mold flow and mold release and results in less waste.
- Prevents the blooming and improves oil and solvent resistance.
- Gives the flexibility of the compound.
- Improves aging properties.
- Decreases tackiness of the compound and lessens to generate heat in the process.
- Decrease cost per volume.
Examples of the use
Rubber belt, rubber hose, rubber tube, rubber vibration insulator, rubber roll/ blanket / board / packings / wire cover, sponge rubber, gum tape, automotive weather strip / door sealing / window flame, foot wears, rubber gloves, soft tennis ball, eraser, lubricant additives, cleaners
Sales Agency: Naka Enterprise Co., Ltd.